The world as we’ve known it has changed, unrecognisably for many, and in many cases too, it will take a long time at best to arrive at a new normal, if ever in certain industry sectors.
With this in mind – where does your agency stand? How well is your agency positioned are you to hit the ground running as the new reality emerges.
Where you need to refine your positioning, or do a complete pivot, our webinar on April 30th will address the key considerations.
We’ve never seen anything quite like the current crisis but we have seen deep recessions and troubled times before. Some of the same rules apply.
- When times are tough the first thing an agency should do is to take a look at the current client base. Which clients are allies and advocates of your agency? This is the most fertile ground for proactive, business generating ideas. What ideas can add value to the client and your agency?
- Do you have stand-alone strategic service or services that can be better packaged? (i.e. services that can be sold separately, not as part of a bigger project). Clients appreciate tailored, packaged workshops at this time, as opposed to being locked into bigger projects. These can be pragmatic and timely options for clients that urgently need to address particular needs and issues.
- Have you explored off the radar targeting? These are areas that are off the radar of most agencies and that might be doing well in the current environment. There are certain niche sectors where it’s business as usual or who see this as an ideal time to address branding and design issues. How do you locate and reach them?
But what if it’s time for a more radical re-think because your market seems to have largely evaporated or your business is at the edge of survival?
- How can you completely reposition your agency? It may be that you can hone your offer into a particular specialism or one particular part of your offer can be effectively amplified.
- When an agency is trusted by a client, it can be easier than you think to diversify into other areas. You may be simply making the client’s life easier. You already have their trust so what other services can you credibly offer them? Your skill base might be more elastic than you thought.
- How are clients dealing with the current crisis? What are their day to day anxieties and what is taking up their time? A better understanding of these questions can lead to better targeted, packaged offers.
- What about future planning? We will come out of this at some point, so clients are still looking at the future. What does the future look like for your clients and for your area of business, and what impact will the current crisis have on future initiatives? It may be hard to see it at this point, but is there an upside to the downturn? Do you have a constructive viewpoint that you can develop and share with clients?
Ticket price €95 and complementary for members.
Interactive webinar – limited places, booking essential.
Webinar link will be sent following registration .
More events you might like
Join us for an information session on the Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies Certificate programme 2024.
Are your digital design skills holding you back? Master the key concepts and techniques of user interface design with this 3-month university-accredited programme in UI for Designers and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars.
Are your content design skills holding you back? Master the key concepts and techniques of content design with this 10-week university-accredited programme in Content Design for Designers, UX/UI Professional and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars.
A unique 4-month university-accredited programme in User Research for Designers and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars to further develop business skills and build successful careers.
A day of exploring design; process, practice and culture with international speakers, panellists, discussions and Q&As for those leading or aspiring to successfully lead design teams and design studios to take a deep dive into the topics that matter most right now.
UX Tree is a mentorship programme focused on career development and the improvement of UX skills for mentors and mentees. The Programme provides guidance and support to mentees in developing or improving their professional skills in the field of UX Design and aims to bridge the gap between education and the workplace.
Join the course trainer Jeannette Naughton of the Designs on Growth programme for information sessions on the programme’s background and context, answer questions on the content, as well as share insights on how it can transform your business.
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies.