Are you earning what you’re worth? Do you have an efficient business growth strategy? Are you positioning yourself to break the profit margins? Are your clients holding you back?
In this series of six workshops – Setting Yourself Up for Success, Chris will share his strategies to build a profitable business, have stronger senior client relationships and grow your success.
Book for the full series or individual workshops:
• The 10 most expensive negotiation mistakes designers make
• Earn more money, more easily, more often
• Increasing your fees and prices – when clients don’t want you to.
• How saying ‘No’ more often will generate more revenue
• Filling the pipeline
• Building client relationships that grow our business
Workshop 1: The 10 most expensive negotiation mistakes designers make
Friday April 1st, 10am to 11.30am
- What are the classic mistakes we make so easily and repeatedly?
- How much are they costing your business?
- 5 strategies to avoid making those mistakes
- And boost your confidence to grow your business in 2022
Workshop 2: Earn more money, more easily, more often
Wednesday April 6th,10am to 11.30am
- If you run your own business, it’s easy to think the answer is to work longer and harder.
- It’s about working smarter.
- 7 strategies to put more money in your pocket – without working 24/7
- Maybe even taking one Friday afternoon off each month!
Workshop 3: Increasing your fees and prices – when clients don’t want you to
Friday April 29th, 10am to 11.30am
- Why do you need to increase your prices and rates in 2022?
- What stops us from increasing our prices?
- 5 strategies to help you increase your rates and prices
- How will clients respond to increased prices?
- 3 responses to clients pushing back against our prices
Workshop 4: How saying ‘No’ more often will generate more revenue
Wednesday May 18th, 10am to 11.30am
- Not all business is worth having.
- Qualifying opportunities. How do we decide which opportunities to pursue? Is it dangerous to turn down an opportunity?
- How do you say No without upsetting clients?
- Pushing back when clients are being unreasonable – unrealistic budget, ludicrous timings, unrealistic expectations.
Workshop 5: Filling the pipeline
Friday May 27th, 10am to 11.30am
- Every year you will lose a couple of clients, maybe more. These will need to be replaced.
- You should always have a number of business opportunities ‘bubbling away’
- How do we find the right clients and get on their radar?
- Can we generate inbound enquiries?
- Is cold calling a waste of time?
- How can we stand out from the crowd?
Workshop 6: Building client relationships that grow our business
Wednesday June 1st, 10am to 11.30am
Great business comes from great relationships. And great relationships come from great conversations.
- How do we engage with senior clients?
- How do we then stay in touch with them over time?
- How can we build the client’s trust in us?
- Moving from ‘supplier’ to ‘partner’ or trusted adviser
About the trainer
Chris Merrington is the founder of Spring 80:20 and one of the UK’s leading creative industry advisors.
Chris helps creative agencies and designers grow profitably, have stronger senior client relationships and become more successful. He’s studied what the most successful and most profitable businesses do to grow, and what the least successful do to stay stuck and uses these insights to help his clients grow.
His book Why do smart people make such stupid mistakes? has been specifically written for agencies and creative businesses to improve their negotiation effectiveness.
He has also produced 2 major studies in collaboration with Moore Kingston Smith (UK top 20 accountants) into agency profitability, success and turning underperforming agencies into those delivering astounding results.
Chris has worked with over 150 agencies and creative businesses in the UK, Europe and the across the rest of the world from the USA to Australia and South Africa. From small businesses to major groups such as Publicis and Omnicom.
His approach is practical and action-orientated, showing you techniques you can apply the next day to improve your business, your success and your revenue.
More events you might like
Join Design Skillnet for an information session on the Design Management Professional Diploma programme’s background context, structure, content, and gain insights on how it can take your business and career to the next level.
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.
Design strategist Jonathan Kirk will explore what designers and creatives can do better to master the client/agency relationship including sharpening new business activity and pitching, improving collaboration and a sense of partnership, and growing their clients’ business, based on the 2023 ‘What Clients Think’ report.
Join Design strategist Jonathan Kirk of Up to the Light (authors of the What Clients Think Report) for a face-to-face workshop on redefining your agency’s marketing approach from selling to drawing clients through Thought Leadership.