The Creative Brief is the all important bridge between the client’s world and your creative world. It turns the client’s brief, which at this point is a theoretical exercise, into a live design project. A great Creative Brief aligns the client and agency, maximising the opportunity for high quality, relevant and targeted creative work.
The workshop covers:
- Listening and questioning the client – Understanding objectives, the difference between taking things at face value and ‘interrogating’ the client, killer questions and checklists.
- What is a Creative Brief and why is it important? – Its purpose and its potential to make or break a project, the difference between providing facts and providing inspiration.
- The pitfalls – Where a Creative Brief can go wrong.
- Writing a great Creative Brief – Defining the real challenge, how to distil and dramatise – the driving thought, decoding – making sense of language and jargon, how to make communication clear not confusing, how and where to introduce visual interpretation, how to relate the brief and its language to a creative team.
- Rationalising creative work against the Creative Brief – How to make the Creative Brief a consistent tool not just a form that’s filled in at the start of a project, how to relate creative work back to the strategy, how to give feedback to a creative team.
Webinar details and booking
The webinar will start at 9.15 am and will run for 45 minutes plus Q&A
- Members €45 – admits up to 2 people from one company
- Non-member €95
Design Skillnet will host the online webinar and the details will be emailed after booking your place.
About the trainer
Jonathan Kirk is the founder of Up to the Light, a consultancy that advises creative agencies on positioning and strategy, and all aspects of business improvement and growth, challenging some of the ingrained assumptions that exist in our industry and providing effective, insight-led advice.
Jonathan’s senior roles have included Business Development Director of Fitch, the global brand design group, and New Business Director of Havas EHS (now Havas Helia), one of Europe’s largest agency networks. Jonathan is a founder member of the Design Business Association’s Experts Register and is a frequent conference speaker and trade press contributor.
More events you might like
Join Design Skillnet for an information session on the Design Management Professional Diploma programme’s background context, structure, content, and gain insights on how it can take your business and career to the next level.
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.
Design strategist Jonathan Kirk will explore what designers and creatives can do better to master the client/agency relationship including sharpening new business activity and pitching, improving collaboration and a sense of partnership, and growing their clients’ business, based on the 2023 ‘What Clients Think’ report.
Join Design strategist Jonathan Kirk of Up to the Light (authors of the What Clients Think Report) for a face-to-face workshop on redefining your agency’s marketing approach from selling to drawing clients through Thought Leadership.