The role of Design Skillnet
Design Skillnet aims to provide opportunities to our members to gain competitive advantage and remain competitive in an increasingly complex and dynamic commercial landscape. Design is becoming more strategic, more valuable and as such, much more integrated.
Design Skillnet works to prepare and empower designers and design leaders to be future-ready through subsidised training initiatives and events including in-house bespoke solutions and events such as Design Leaders Conference.
What is a Skillnet?
A ‘Skillnet’ is a training network comprised of private sector businesses, working together to facilitate increased participation in workforce learning. Skillnet Ireland currently supports over 16,000 companies nationwide, across a range of 70 Skillnet Networks.
“The future of design is evolving at an ever-increasing pace”
Led by expert trainers and global thought leaders, our highly acclaimed courses help professionals across all design disciplines to:
- maintain design integrity
- articulate the value of design
- deal with senior stakeholders
- manage design and workforce development
- transition to new career areas
We’ve delivered training to over
2,000 design professionals across Ireland
Design Skillnet Steering Group;
- Dominic Southgate Chairman Design Skillnet Steering Group & Founder, Boxclever
- Andrew Bradley CEO, Bradley Brand
- Brian Herron Principal UX Designer, Each & Other
- Brian Stephens CEO, Design Partners
- Karen Hanratty Design & Strategy Director, Path
- Simon Richards Creative Director, Richards Dee
- Charlotte Barker Chief Executive, IDI