An online university-accredited short six-week introductory course framing software development from a UX perspective, demystifying key concepts and processes involved in software development for UX designers without a software background.
Learn the essentials of software development to collaborate more efficiently with developers and create smarter designs.
What is the course for?
- Talk with confidence about web and internet technologies
- Build better relationships with developers on your team
- Create smarter designs with a deeper understanding of technical constraints
- Understand the concepts behind coding without needing to code
What you’ll learn:
Over six weeks, you’ll learn about the key concepts and processes involved in software development. You’ll understand how code works so that you can collaborate more effectively with developers.
- The software landscape – Module 1
Understand the relationship between hardware and software.
- Layers of software – Module 2
Dig into each layer of the tech stack, from the front-end to the back-end.
- Front-end technologies– Module 3
- Back-end technologies– Module 4
Explore the back-end, APIs and common programming languages.
- How developers work – Module 5
Learn about common development workflows, from waterfall to agile.
- Effective collaboration
Get practical guidance on how to work well with development teams.
Download the Sofware and Coding for UX Certificate Brochure
Limited subsidised spaces are available for this course.
Register your interest now to see if you are eligible.
More events you might like
A workshop for design team leaders/creative business owners – responsible for ensuring that their organisation demonstrates cyber accountability (business and clients’ data protection & response to cyber-attacks and security breaches).