The Design Summer Sessions is a three-day festival of learning and creativity, with food for thought talks, interactive upskilling workshops, webinars and online discussion sessions for creative minds to:
- Re-energise, connect and share with each other
- Reboot their creative thinking, practice and business skills
- Explore the different areas and fields of design
- Hear from leading Irish and international designers and subject-matter experts in a range of matters relating to design.
Come together with designers from diverse backgrounds and at various stages of their careers to get inspired, upskill and learn about the latest design trends, programmes and initiatives in the industry.
Scroll down to the end of the page if you want straight access to events booking and programme.
Share & Learn Sessions
Learn and Share with leading multidisciplinary designers and subject-matter experts.
- Learn strategies for shifting your practice across the fields of design and creativity with practical tools and tips from peers and subject-matter experts.
- Gain fresh perspectives and be inspired by projects from the top thinkers and doers in their field.
This year’s Share&Learn sessions span inspiring case studies, informative deep dives and practical workshops, guided by masters and leading design professionals in the field.
Hear leading designers discuss design practice and thinking in their fields. Leading creative minds will share their professional stories, tips, inspiring projects, useful insights into their design world and spark discussions around common design topics to challenge, brainstorm and inspire! This year we have invited leading creative minds in the fields of Typography and Service Design to have creative chats.
“Peek” into your peers’ work, processes and professional journeys. This year two top designers, one in the UX field and one in Illustration will be sharing personal, professional stories, pieces of work, advice and food for thought.
Design Summer Sessions – Booking
Click on the events below to book your events.
- Type Trends
Creative circle with Max Phillips and friends
Wednesday 16th August 10:30am-11:30am
- Access for All – Embracing Inclusive Web Design
Share&Learn Session with Elena Rimeikaite and Brendan Mac Donagh, Kooba and Donal Fitzpatrick, National Disability Authority
Wednesday 16th August 12pm-1pm
- In Conversation with Steve Simpson: Collaboration, Digitalisation & Creativity
Illustration Peer Peek
Wednesday 16th August 5pm-6pm
- Firm Up your Finances – Finance for Creative Businesses
Share&Learn Session with Jeannette Naughton, Prospero Coaching
Thursday 17th August 10am-11am
- Colour Theory for Creatives – Colour Theory & Beyond for Interiors & Spaces
Share&Learn Session with Cora Collins, Dulux Colour Academy
Thursday 17th August 12pm-1pm
- How to Fast-Track Your Career in UX
UX Peer Peek with Jenny Björkman. Brought to you thanks to the UX Design Institute
Thursday 17th August 1pm-2pm
- Delving into Service Design
A Creative circle with John Lynch and Sean Casey, Context Studio
Friday, 18th August, 10am-11am
- Design Management and Leadership
Learn & Share Session with James Hall, PARK Academy
Friday 18th August, 12-1pm
More events you might like
A unique 6-month university-accredited programme in UX for Designers and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars to further develop business skills and build successful careers.
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.