Finding the right job for you can be challenging in normal circumstances. With the current Covid-19 environment, it’s even tougher. Some businesses are no longer hiring. Roles are not as easy to find. The competition for jobs is tougher than ever. It’s more difficult to get the advice and support you need.
This unique fully-funded course has been designed to help those looking for a new design role and covers all of the elements required to get there successfully.
If you are a new design graduate or are looking to find a new role in the design sector, why not avail of this 100% funded, practical workshop to get the job you want and deserve!
Consists of 3 interactive 90 minute virtual modules;
- Practicalities of getting the job you want in this current remote environment
- Develop your personal network and find the right role for you
- Generate the right impact through your CV, LinkedIn profile and your design portfolio
- Prepare for a successful job interview to get the job you want
Dates & module details
Module 1: Getting the right job for you – Tues 23 June 10– 11:30 am
- Develop your network in the design industry
- Identifying the right job opportunities for you
- Get insights and guidance from others
- Generate the right impact through your CV
- What to say in your cover letter
- Updating your LinkedIn profile
- Presenting your design portfolio
- Preparing for the interview
- Aligning your experience to the role
- Typical questions and how best to answer them
- Interview tips and best practices
About the trainer
Derek is CEO of ‘The Customer’ and is passionate about helping leaders build stronger customer relationships, win more business and increase team engagement. Always with a focus on excellent service and strong commercial results. He previously spent 23 years with PwC working in a variety of senior business development and marketing roles.
Derek has developed and delivered bespoke training and coaching programmes throughout Europe on sales, relationship building, networking, pitching, pricing and negotiation, customer service and key account management.
A qualified executive coach from Smurfit Business School and an accredited member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), Derek coaches and advises senior executives and their teams on their business growth, people engagement, talent development and teamwork and in developing and delivering impactful presentations and communication strategies.
More events you might like
Course Trainers, Marc Stickdorn and Gerry Scullion , will join us for an information session to give background and context to our newest programme, the Service Design Diploma, and answer questions on the course content, as well as sharing insights on how it can transform your career or business.
This course offers everything you need to improve the products and services you offer. Gain a deeper understanding of how to design content within your service, embed service design thinking in your organisation, and change the way your team works.