A two-part workshop series for Design Agency and Studios owners and Design team managers on HR & Legal “Musts” & “How Tos” and Effective People Practices, with options to attend one or both workshops and an additional one-hour one-to-one coaching session with Sue Baird HR, Learning & Development Specialist, Executive Coach at Saboc International.
In an ever-changing workplace, these two ‘HR & People Leadership‘ workshops aim to keep design employers and design team managers up-to-date with the latest HR guidance. They will cover employment law and workplace culture’s recent and upcoming changes, and best practices in People Management in order to get the best results out of their current teams and new recruits.
Workshop 1: HR & Legal “Musts’ & “How Tos”
Thurs May 12th, 9.30 to 12.30, online via Zoom
This module will focus on:
• Recent & impending changes in employment law (including):
- Remote working
- Right to disconnect
- Sick pay
- Parents’ leave
- Public holiday increase
• The upcoming implications of:
- The Whistleblowing Directive
- 4-day week
• And key HR policies:
- Types of Employment Contracts, Mandatory Content, Timelines to be complied with
- Difference between Contracts of Employment vs. SMTs (Statement of Main Terms) and Employee Handbook
- Working Time, Rest Breaks, Annual & Public Holiday Leave, Protective Leave, Notice Periods
- Key Policies/Codes of Practice required to be in place including Grievance, Disciplinary, Respect & Dignity, Equality, GDPR
Workshop 2: Effective People Practices
Weds June 30th, 9.30 to 12.30, online via Zoom
This module will focus on:
• Key elements of your HR Management (HRM) strategy (including):
- Attracting and retaining good people
- Compensation & benefit packages
- Mental health & wellbeing
- Living your culture
- Continued Professional Development & Career Progression
• Leading and managing people:
- ‘On-boarding’ new starters
- Tracking people & performance pathways
- Communicating Well – investing time in communicating to deliver results in long-term pay-offs.
- Managing yourself, particularly in challenging or emotional situations
- Coaching correction – handling those difficult conversations where influencing changes in behaviour, conduct, performance and/or attitude of others is required.
Additional One Hour Individual Coaching Session**
– worth €300!
Following completion of either or both workshops, you will be able to book an additional, optional, one-hour individual coaching session with facilitator Sue Baird, to support you in implementing what you have learned into your business.
**Coaching session is available for purchase at this exclusive price to participants who have attended one or both of the above workshops. It will focus on applying the learnings from the workshops to your business.
About the trainer
Sue Baird, Saboc InternationalWebsite
HR, Learning; Development Specialist, Executive Coach
Sue established Saboc in 1995 to provide HR and L&D support/training to organisations of all sizes and has a well-established reputation built up over 25 years as a HR & Training specialist.
Sue holds a Mastery Diploma in Executive Coaching and facilitates one-to-one coaching guidance for the professional development of individual leaders/managers
She is also the HR Business Mentor & Trainer for varied LEO (Local Enterprise Offices) in counties along the West Coast of Ireland.
More events you might like
Get professional tips and tricks from subject-matters experts and dig into various topics such as agency website optimisation, creative career growth and business startup as part of our Share&Learn Design Summer Sessions.
Level up your Colour Knowledge in this 60 minutes workshop for interior designers, architects and colour specialists. Learn about designing for Independent Living, Part M of the building regulations with Cora Collins, Dulux Academy Lead.
Presenting ‘DesignOpp Creative Creatures’ as part of the Design Summer Sessions. Enjoy short ‘creativity in colour’ talks from DesignOpp members Grace Enemaku, Ashwin Chacko & Holly Pereira on Diversity in Design and their creative journeys.
A kickstart design community discussion on how to introduce circularity and sustainability into your design or creative business. Join a panel of your Irish design peers to discuss projects and solutions to make real changes now in your design practice.
Get to grips with lettering at this high-rated two-part introductory workshop to Lettering for Designers ‘No, Not Like That’, led by Max Phillips of Signal Foundry.
In this first ‘Hooked on Books Creatives: A Book Club for Design BookBuffs’, David Douglas, MD of Ebow shares the book(s) that have influenced him on his journey to building his creative business. Part of the Design Summer Sessions.