Innovation Leadership Programme webinar series.
Creative businesses are full of innovation – the key is how to systematically harness, steer and manage that creativity to further your commercial success.
Across 3 x 90-minute interactive webinars, Russell Beck (Design Leaders Conference 2020 speaker and Director of Inspiration at ImagineThinkDo), together with the Founder of ImagineThinkDo, Alison Beck, will explore:
- What really is innovation for business success?
- Moving from creating ideas to actually realising value from them
- Opportunities versus innovation myths
- Identifying innovation potential and strengths in your people
- Choosing different creativity techniques to suit the different members of your team
- Filtering and nurturing ideas
- Creating and maintaining an environment of innovation
Please see the breakdown of each individual webinar further below.
This series is brought to you by Design Skillnet in collaboration with Learning Waves Skillnet, ISME Skillnet and Design Print & Packaging Skillnet.
Participants will be from all 4 Skillnets, to create a melting pot of ideas and knowledge sharing.
Delivered by Russell Beck and Alison Beck of Imagine Think Do.
Session 1: What is innovation for business?
- What is happening in the external environment and how do you shape up?
- What is innovation? From creating ideas to realising value from them.
- Why innovation matters in business: what is happening externally and where is the opportunity versus the hype/myths?
- What are you currently doing well and where do you need help?
Session 2: Developing innovation potential within your team
- Choosing creativity techniques to suit every member of your team.
- Find out what it takes to be innovative.
- Identifying innovation strengths in our people.
- How to have a good idea – creativity techniques that you can try out.
- Practical application using topical issues as subject matter.
Session 3: Establishing an environment for creating value from innovation:
- Embedding a culture of innovation for business success
- And embedding it into your business/culture!
- How to convert ideas into tangible value.
- How to filter and nurture ideas.
- How to handle failures.
- How to notice, savour and recognise success.
The series includes three interactive online sessions. Book the entire set or simply book the sessions you find most valuable.
Members*: €45 per webinar
Non-members: €75 per webinar
Book ticket for:
- What is innovation for business?
- Developing innovation potential within your team
- Establishing an environment for creating value from innovation
*Members’ rate is open to private sector and commercial semi-state members of IDI, ICAD, IAPI and 100 Archive, operating in the Republic of Ireland.
Members of Learning Waves, ISME and Design Print & Packaging Skillnets should book via their applicable Skillnet to avail of the member rate.
About the trainer
Russell Beck is a widely acknowledged thought-leader across people management and leadership.
He brings an engineer’s desire for knowledge, an inquisitive need for evidence and a belief that things can be better with an inspirational, passionate and charismatic style. He connects dots in informative and novel ways to challenge organisations and leaders to think differently about and to take tangible actions to unlock the potential and productivity of their most expensive asset, their people.
His company, ImagineThinkDo is a specialist people strategy consultancy that inspires and challenges leaders to think differently about their people’s agendas and helps turn those thoughts into action.
Russell draws on a diverse background having worked as an engineering project leader in 26 countries, as a Managing Director of a £120m turnover outsourcing business, and as a global people strategy consultant.
Russell delivers conference keynotes, ‘inspire and challenge’ talks and interactive workshops, including the 2020 Design Leaders Conference, hosted by Design Skillnet. He has lectured at the Cambridge University Judge School of Management, UCSD and Nottingham Trent University and has worked with executives of many organisations including Top Employers Institute, dnata, Bionical EMAS, SafeLives and others.
His key topics of interest include:
- The future of work – future-proofing your business and your career
- Overcoming the great resignation
- High performing teams
- Leadership and management after Covid
- Meaning and Purpose – embedding the ‘why?’
- Productivity, wellness and sleep – what you and your business can do about it
- The challenges and opportunities of a multi-generational workforce
Russell has a 1st class degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering, a Masters in research (both from Bath University) and a Diploma in Business Studies from Henley Business School.
More events you might like
IDI’s Monthly Forums are all about giving you the opportunity to set your agenda to discuss the topics of most relevance to you with the people who understand most. The IDI’s Forums series give you a safe space to discuss the topics that are most pressing in your field of work, with others in the same position.
Design Management Professional Diploma - Taster Sessions
Join our Design Management Professional Diploma light bite taster events that will give you taster sessions that will give you a chance to experience the programme from a practical viewpoint.
Gail Anderson in conversation with Grace Enemaku
Join us for an intimate discussion between New York-based designer and illustrator Gail Anderson and award-winning Irish designer and illustrator, Grace Enemaku. Together they will discuss career journeys, what it is to be a woman of colour working in design, and how to influence change for good.
Increase Your Profitability - 3 workshops with Chris Merrington
A Chris Merrington’s series of three workshops to ‘Increase Your Profitability. Maximise your profitability and pricing. Get Better Briefs and Budgets. Retain and Grow your Clients. All in 3 x 90-minute workshops.
Professional Diploma in UX Design
A unique 6-month university-accredited programme in UX for Designers and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars to further develop business skills and build successful careers.
Designs on Growth
An innovative learning and development response providing owner/managers with best practice business management skills to support sustainability and increase revenue in their business.
Design Management Professional Diploma
Developed for busy working professional designers and design function managers (not all design managers are designers) to empower them to take their business and careers to the next level.
Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.