88% of clients want an agency website to show them what an agency is best at (What Clients Think Report 2021).
Keeping the company website fresh and relevant is way down the list on so many creative agencies’ To Do lists. As the agency’s shop window and a crucial first touch point, your website is never finished and needs constant care. Approaches change, and so do client expectations.
Whether you’re looking to completely overhaul your website or just sharpen and improve it, this workshop will support you in gaining a deeper perspective on your own website with an expert overview of agency websites, bang up-to-date information and insightful advice.
Drawing on the hundreds of client interviews that Up to the Light conducts on behalf of agencies, you’ll gain a better appreciation of how clients view agency websites and what they look for.
Jonathan will give invaluable pointers on how to address key areas of the website and show your agency, people, approach and work to the best effect.
This workshop will tackle:
- How do clients view agency websites and their needs – what do they want from agencies’ websites? What’s effective and what’s not? What irritates and what converts
- The agency website landscape – making sense of and segmenting the different agency website types and approaches.
- Best in class agency websites, current trends and best practices – Which creative businesses are doing it well?
- Setting objectives and meeting expectations – what is your website trying to achieve? Is it serving your overall business goals?
- Sharpening your approach to key areas of the site such as the home page, ‘about us’ and ‘the work’.
- How to differentiate – Identify where agency messaging is generic and where it can differentiate to stand out from the competition.
- Positioning your website as part of a wider thought leadership strategy.
About the trainer
Jonathan Kirk is the founder of Up to the Light. The consultancy advises a significant proportion of the UK’s top 100 agencies across a wide range of issues concerned with business growth and improvement. As the leading provider of client surveys to the design industry, their insight into the client/agency relationship is unrivalled.
For the last 8 years Up to the Light has published the influential ‘What Clients Think’ report. This year’s report is based on 600 client interviews conducted on behalf of design agencies and is a revealing snapshot of the client/agency relationship.
As well as advising agencies, Up to the Light is also a brand consultancy that provides brand positioning and strategy for clients. So many consultants become theorists and teachers, slightly removed from reality, but Jonathan is continually involved at the sharp end presenting, pitching and delivering high-profile strategic work for brands. This is of huge benefit to his clients. He is a regular trade press contributor and conference speaker.
More events you might like
A workshop to master thought leadership marketing and win your target audience with agency new business and marketing strategist, mentor and host of the Small Spark Theory® podcast Lucy Mann.
A workshop for design team leaders/creative business owners – responsible for ensuring that their organisation demonstrates cyber accountability (business and clients’ data protection & response to cyber-attacks and security breaches).