Arguably, the biggest variable between agencies lies not in levels of creativity but in the quality of their business relationships. Understanding what makes these relationships tick and how they can be strengthened is the key to client retention, development and commitment.
This workshop will cover:
- Setting and aligning expectations at the beginning – starting as we mean to go on.
- Common relationship pitfalls and how to avoid them – drawing on evidence from the hundreds of client interviews that Up to the Light conducts on behalf of design agencies.
- Account management versus true client service.
- Defining your approach to client service.
- Understanding the client journey and anxiety points.
- Ways to add value for the client and the agency.
FOR: Agency Owners & Account Directors – anyone involved with Business Development in Design & Creative Businesses.
Buy your tickets for Mastering the Client Relationship Here.
Jonathan Kirk is the founder of Up to the Light, a consultancy that advises creative agencies on positioning and strategy, and all aspects of business improvement and growth, challenging some of the ingrained assumptions that exist in our industry and providing effective, insight-led advice Jonathan’s senior roles have included Business Development Director of Fitch, the global brand design group, and New Business Director of Havas EHS (now Havas Helia), one of Europe’s largest agency networks. Jonathan is a founder member of the Design Business Association’s Experts Register and is a frequent conference speaker and trade press contributor.
Design Enterprise Skillnet training focuses on helping designers and design SMEs grow their business, up-skill their teams, and attract and service clients in a rapidly changing commercial landscape.
More events you might like
A unique 6-month university-accredited programme in UX for Designers and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars to further develop business skills and build successful careers.
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.