The Creative Brief is the all important bridge between the client’s world and your creative world. It turns the client’s brief, which at this point is a theoretical exercise, into a live design project. A great Creative Brief aligns the client and agency, maximising the opportunity for high quality, relevant and targeted creative work.
The workshop covers:
- Listening and questioning the client – Understanding objectives, the difference between taking things at face value and ‘interrogating’ the client, killer questions and checklists.
- What is a Creative Brief and why is it important? – Its purpose and its potential to make or break a project, the difference between providing facts and providing inspiration.
- The pitfalls – Where a Creative Brief can go wrong.
- Writing a great Creative Brief – Defining the real challenge, how to distil and dramatise – the driving thought, decoding – making sense of language and jargon, how to make communication clear not confusing, how and where to introduce visual interpretation, how to relate the brief and its language to a creative team.
- Rationalising creative work against the Creative Brief – How to make the Creative Brief a consistent tool not just a form that’s filled in at the start of a project, how to relate creative work back to the strategy, how to give feedback to a creative team.
Webinar details and booking
The webinar will start at 9.15 am and will run for 45 minutes plus Q&A
- Members €45 – admits up to 2 people from one company
- Non-member €95
Design Skillnet will host the online webinar and the details will be emailed after booking your place.
About the trainer
Jonathan Kirk is the founder of Up to the Light, a consultancy that advises creative agencies on positioning and strategy, and all aspects of business improvement and growth, challenging some of the ingrained assumptions that exist in our industry and providing effective, insight-led advice.
Jonathan’s senior roles have included Business Development Director of Fitch, the global brand design group, and New Business Director of Havas EHS (now Havas Helia), one of Europe’s largest agency networks. Jonathan is a founder member of the Design Business Association’s Experts Register and is a frequent conference speaker and trade press contributor.
More events you might like
Get professional tips and tricks from subject-matters experts and dig into various topics such as agency website optimisation, creative career growth and business startup as part of our Share&Learn Design Summer Sessions.
Level up your Colour Knowledge in this 60 minutes workshop for interior designers, architects and colour specialists. Learn about designing for Independent Living, Part M of the building regulations with Cora Collins, Dulux Academy Lead.
Presenting ‘DesignOpp Creative Creatures’ as part of the Design Summer Sessions. Enjoy short ‘creativity in colour’ talks from DesignOpp members Grace Enemaku, Ashwin Chacko & Holly Pereira on Diversity in Design and their creative journeys.
A kickstart design community discussion on how to introduce circularity and sustainability into your design or creative business. Join a panel of your Irish design peers to discuss projects and solutions to make real changes now in your design practice.
Get to grips with lettering at this high-rated two-part introductory workshop to Lettering for Designers ‘No, Not Like That’, led by Max Phillips of Signal Foundry.
In this first ‘Hooked on Books Creatives: A Book Club for Design BookBuffs’, David Douglas, MD of Ebow shares the book(s) that have influenced him on his journey to building his creative business. Part of the Design Summer Sessions.