We are looking for a Learning & Development / Network Manager
The Design Skillnet is growing, and we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Learning and Development Manager to lead the development and delivery of innovative training and events for the Institute of Designers in Ireland (IDI) and partners.
The Design Skillnet was established by IDI in 2017 to provide learning and development training and events to meet the future skills needs of designers. In that time, we have developed a Design Management Professional Diploma, established a well attended annual Design Leaders Conference, and curated a number of training and development opportunities with globally recognised leaders in specific areas of design and leadership.
Now, in line with the IDI’s ambitious growth plans, we are growing to meet the needs of a fast paced and continuously evolving sector, and we need to expand our team.
We need a full-time, enthusiastic and self-motivated L&D professional to work closely with the IDI and the Design Skillnet Steering group to deliver the exciting training and events schedule planned for 2021, and to meet the strategic ambitions of the parent organisations, the IDI and Skillnet Ireland. Core to this is driving a culture of Learning and Development within the sector, as well as raising professional standards through development of accreditation and leadership engagement.
You will work with a core IDI/Design Skillnet team, and report to the IDI CEO. You will benefit from the guidance of the founding Design Skillnet Non-Executive Director in growth and development opportunities for the network.
The role includes the full operational, administration and financial management of the Design Skillnet and requires an ability to multi-task, balance priorities, liaise with a broad range of stakeholders, and to be an advocate of high quality in everything you do.
We actively encourage applicants from a diversity of backgrounds and aim to be an equal opportunities employer.
You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a L&D leadership role, with a relevant Training/Learning & Development/HRM qualification
- Experience in managing budgets, forecasts and finance
- Learning and workforce development experience, including online learning, evaluation and best practice
- Proven track record of completing projects on time and on budget
- Experience in sales and marketing within the education, training or learning and development sectors highly desirable
- Experience of working with Skillnet Ireland and its reporting structures is a bonus
You will be:
- Confident, personable and a strong communicator – both written and oral
- Self-starting, well organised and reliable
- Detail oriented to ensure reporting requirements and deadlines are met
- Service minded with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, with the ability to build relationships and inspire confidence
- Positive, with a can-do attitude
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organising and scheduling the portfolio of training courses on an ongoing basis, working with training providers, speakers, venues, suppliers and trainees based on training needs analysis and member company engagement
- Lead on Learning and development to co-ordinate and engage in training programme development, design and customisation.
- Co-ordinate all training communications and course materials including all compliance documentation required by Skillnet Ireland
- Manage relationships with stakeholders including member companies, Steering Group members, providers, awarding bodies and Skillnet Ireland, as well as external stakeholders.
- Preparation & submission of annual Funding Application to Skillnet Ireland, in accordance with Skillnet Ireland Funding Agreement and Operating Guidelines
- Plan, procure, co-ordinate, quality assure and evaluate training delivered by the network.
How to Apply: Please email your CV with a covering letter outlining what strengths you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 17th February 2021.
Terms: Full-time role – remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Find out how Design Skillnet can help you become more creative, human-centred, and impactful within your organisation.