The Design Summer Sessions is a four-day festival of learning and creativity, with interactive workshops, forums and webinar sessions for creative minds to:
- Re-energise, connect and share with each other
- Reboot their creative thinking, practice and business skills
- Explore the different areas and fields of design
- Hear from leading Irish and international designers and subject-matter experts in a range of matters relating to design.
It will provide designers from diverse backgrounds and at various stages of their careers with the opportunity to get inspired, upskill or learn about the latest design trends, programmes and initiatives and build industry connections.
SHARE & LEARN Sessions
Learn from multidisciplinary Designers, peers and subject matter experts who will share their skills and tips in these insightful and interactive Share & Learn sessions:
From Zero to Hero. Get hands-on and expand your creative skills guided by masters in the field:
- No, Not Like That: Learning Lettering with Max Phillips
- Client-Catching Colours: Levelling Up your Colour Knowledge
- Colour Essentials for Creatives
- Fire Up Figma: Coffee, UX & Collaboration with George Longwill, UXTalks
Food for Thought Talks
Get professional tips and tricks from subject-matters experts and dig into the following topics:
- Website Wins & WOWs: Maximising your website with Jonathan Kirk
- Crank Up your Creative Career: From Mid to Senior, Designer to Manager
- Ten Top Tips for Starting your Creative Business
- Maximise your marginal gains to unlock new business
- Build bridges with UX: Bridge the user vs tech gap with UX Psychology
Get to Grips with their Design World
Delve into the day-to-day of working in various areas of Design and Get to Grips with these leading and get to grips with these leading design professionals as they share insights into their design world:
- Get to Grips with Brand Design – David Wall, McCann Dublin
- Get to Grips with Service Design – John Lynch, Context Studio
- Get to Grips with Industrial Design – Dominic Southgate, boxclever
- Get to Grips with UX Design – Brian Herron, Each&Other
CREATIVE CONNECT: Connecting the Design Community
Connect with fellow designers who will share their professional tips, spark discussions around common design challenges and brainstorm problem-solving solutions to enhance your creative and business skills and shape the Future of the Industry.
- DesignOpp Creative Creatures on Diversity, diverse influences & creative careers
- Forum: Sustainable Solutions for Your Design Practice
- Hooked on Books Creatives: A Book Club For Design BookBuffs with David Douglas, Ebow
Take a peek at some of your Design Peers. Leading creative minds share their professional stories and pieces of advice.
- To My Younger Self – 5 Pieces of Advice from Jonathan Kirk
- Signs of Power – A Poignant career journey with Vanessa Power
Book your sessions
Download the Design Summer Sessions Full Programme
More events you might like
IDI’s Monthly Forums are all about giving you the opportunity to set your agenda to discuss the topics of most relevance to you with the people who understand most. The IDI’s Forums series give you a safe space to discuss the topics that are most pressing in your field of work, with others in the same position.
Design Management Professional Diploma - Taster Sessions
Join our Design Management Professional Diploma light bite taster events that will give you taster sessions that will give you a chance to experience the programme from a practical viewpoint.
Gail Anderson in conversation with Grace Enemaku
Join us for an intimate discussion between New York-based designer and illustrator Gail Anderson and award-winning Irish designer and illustrator, Grace Enemaku. Together they will discuss career journeys, what it is to be a woman of colour working in design, and how to influence change for good.
Increase Your Profitability - 3 workshops with Chris Merrington
A Chris Merrington’s series of three workshops to ‘Increase Your Profitability. Maximise your profitability and pricing. Get Better Briefs and Budgets. Retain and Grow your Clients. All in 3 x 90-minute workshops.
Professional Diploma in UX Design
A unique 6-month university-accredited programme in UX for Designers and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars to further develop business skills and build successful careers.
Designs on Growth
An innovative learning and development response providing owner/managers with best practice business management skills to support sustainability and increase revenue in their business.
Design Management Professional Diploma
Developed for busy working professional designers and design function managers (not all design managers are designers) to empower them to take their business and careers to the next level.
Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.