Finding the right job for you can be challenging in normal circumstances. With the current Covid-19 environment, it’s even tougher. Some businesses are no longer hiring. Roles are not as easy to find. The competition for jobs is tougher than ever. It’s more difficult to get the advice and support you need.
This unique fully-funded course has been designed to help those looking for a new design role and covers all of the elements required to get there successfully.
If you are a new design graduate or are looking to find a new role in the design sector, why not avail of this 100% funded, practical workshop to get the job you want and deserve!
Consists of 3 interactive 90 minute virtual modules;
- Practicalities of getting the job you want in this current remote environment
- Develop your personal network and find the right role for you
- Generate the right impact through your CV, LinkedIn profile and your design portfolio
- Prepare for a successful job interview to get the job you want
Dates & module details
Module 1: Getting the right job for you – Tues 23 June 10– 11:30 am
- Develop your network in the design industry
- Identifying the right job opportunities for you
- Get insights and guidance from others
- Generate the right impact through your CV
- What to say in your cover letter
- Updating your LinkedIn profile
- Presenting your design portfolio
- Preparing for the interview
- Aligning your experience to the role
- Typical questions and how best to answer them
- Interview tips and best practices
About the trainer
Derek is CEO of ‘The Customer’ and is passionate about helping leaders build stronger customer relationships, win more business and increase team engagement. Always with a focus on excellent service and strong commercial results. He previously spent 23 years with PwC working in a variety of senior business development and marketing roles.
Derek has developed and delivered bespoke training and coaching programmes throughout Europe on sales, relationship building, networking, pitching, pricing and negotiation, customer service and key account management.
A qualified executive coach from Smurfit Business School and an accredited member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), Derek coaches and advises senior executives and their teams on their business growth, people engagement, talent development and teamwork and in developing and delivering impactful presentations and communication strategies.
More events you might like
Join Design Skillnet for an information session on the Design Management Professional Diploma programme’s background context, structure, content, and gain insights on how it can take your business and career to the next level.
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.
Design strategist Jonathan Kirk will explore what designers and creatives can do better to master the client/agency relationship including sharpening new business activity and pitching, improving collaboration and a sense of partnership, and growing their clients’ business, based on the 2023 ‘What Clients Think’ report.
Join Design strategist Jonathan Kirk of Up to the Light (authors of the What Clients Think Report) for a face-to-face workshop on redefining your agency’s marketing approach from selling to drawing clients through Thought Leadership.