A two-part workshop series for Design Agency and Studios owners and Design team managers on HR & Legal “Musts” & “How Tos” and Effective People Practices, with options to attend one or both workshops and an additional one-hour one-to-one coaching session with Sue Baird HR, Learning & Development Specialist, Executive Coach at Saboc International.
In an ever-changing workplace, these two ‘HR & People Leadership‘ workshops aim to keep design employers and design team managers up-to-date with the latest HR guidance. They will cover employment law and workplace culture’s recent and upcoming changes, and best practices in People Management in order to get the best results out of their current teams and new recruits.
Book your tickets
Workshop 1: HR & Legal “Musts’ & “How Tos”
Thurs May 12th, 9.30 to 12.30, online via Zoom
This module will focus on:
• Recent & impending changes in employment law (including):
- Remote working
- Right to disconnect
- Sick pay
- Parents’ leave
- Public holiday increase
• The upcoming implications of:
- The Whistleblowing Directive
- 4-day week
• And key HR policies:
- Types of Employment Contracts, Mandatory Content, Timelines to be complied with
- Difference between Contracts of Employment vs. SMTs (Statement of Main Terms) and Employee Handbook
- Working Time, Rest Breaks, Annual & Public Holiday Leave, Protective Leave, Notice Periods
- Key Policies/Codes of Practice required to be in place including Grievance, Disciplinary, Respect & Dignity, Equality, GDPR
Workshop 2: Effective People Practices
Weds June 30th, 9.30 to 12.30, online via Zoom
This module will focus on:
• Key elements of your HR Management (HRM) strategy (including):
- Attracting and retaining good people
- Compensation & benefit packages
- Mental health & wellbeing
- Living your culture
- Continued Professional Development & Career Progression
• Leading and managing people:
- ‘On-boarding’ new starters
- Tracking people & performance pathways
- Communicating Well – investing time in communicating to deliver results in long-term pay-offs.
- Managing yourself, particularly in challenging or emotional situations
- Coaching correction – handling those difficult conversations where influencing changes in behaviour, conduct, performance and/or attitude of others is required.
Additional One Hour Individual Coaching Session**
– worth €300!
Following completion of either or both workshops, you will be able to book an additional, optional, one-hour individual coaching session with facilitator Sue Baird, to support you in implementing what you have learned into your business.
**Coaching session is available for purchase at this exclusive price to participants who have attended one or both of the above workshops. It will focus on applying the learnings from the workshops to your business.
Book your tickets
*Member rate available to private sector members of the IDI, ICAD, IAPI and 100 Archive whose businesses are based in the Republic of Ireland.
About the trainer
Sue Baird, Saboc InternationalWebsite
HR, Learning; Development Specialist, Executive Coach
Sue established Saboc in 1995 to provide HR and L&D support/training to organisations of all sizes and has a well-established reputation built up over 25 years as a HR & Training specialist.
Sue holds a Mastery Diploma in Executive Coaching and facilitates one-to-one coaching guidance for the professional development of individual leaders/managers
She is also the HR Business Mentor & Trainer for varied LEO (Local Enterprise Offices) in counties along the West Coast of Ireland.
More events you might like
IDI’s Monthly Forums are all about giving you the opportunity to set your agenda to discuss the topics of most relevance to you with the people who understand most. The IDI’s Forums series give you a safe space to discuss the topics that are most pressing in your field of work, with others in the same position.
Design Management Professional Diploma - Taster Sessions
Join our Design Management Professional Diploma light bite taster events that will give you taster sessions that will give you a chance to experience the programme from a practical viewpoint.
Gail Anderson in conversation with Grace Enemaku
Join us for an intimate discussion between New York-based designer and illustrator Gail Anderson and award-winning Irish designer and illustrator, Grace Enemaku. Together they will discuss career journeys, what it is to be a woman of colour working in design, and how to influence change for good.
Increase Your Profitability - 3 workshops with Chris Merrington
A Chris Merrington’s series of three workshops to ‘Increase Your Profitability. Maximise your profitability and pricing. Get Better Briefs and Budgets. Retain and Grow your Clients. All in 3 x 90-minute workshops.
Professional Diploma in UX Design
A unique 6-month university-accredited programme in UX for Designers and Creatives, combining online learning and live webinars to further develop business skills and build successful careers.
Designs on Growth
An innovative learning and development response providing owner/managers with best practice business management skills to support sustainability and increase revenue in their business.
Design Management Professional Diploma
Developed for busy working professional designers and design function managers (not all design managers are designers) to empower them to take their business and careers to the next level.
Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies
Invest in the Future of your design practice and continue your professional development with a Certificate in Design for Sustainability and Circular Economies, delivered by LSAD and accredited by TUS in partnership with Design Skillnet.